Friday, June 1, 2012

Migraine Awareness Month Blogging Challenge #1: Your First for the First.

Share the story of your first Migraine, what it was like, if you knew what it was, what you did, how you felt.
If you have a different headache disorder, please join us! Just substitute your headache disorder for Migraine and share with us.

My first experience with a Cluster Headache started in the middle of the night on September 29th 2006. I was 25, a newlywed & enjoying life. Around 2am I was sleeping soundly & was awoken with the most terrifying pain. The stabbing & burning agony was centered around my right eye, forehead, & temple. I honestly thought I had developed a brain tumor! I crawled on to the floor, laid there on my hands & knees with my head in my hands. I rocked back & forth, also while sporadically banging my head on the hardwood floor. I cried endlessly & shrieked out in pure agony. While also begging & pleading for the thunderous pain end! After 20 minutes, it stopped completely. I was dumbfounded because there was no pain at all, it just stopped! The only signs of its reign of terror was leaving me lethargic & feeling like I got ran over by a U-Haul moving truck. I was immensely shocked & terrified by what occurred. I couldn't believe it at first. It seemed to me like it was the worst nightmare in history. Then my poor Husband watching it all helpless to its wrath, broke my heart!! He couldn't believe it either! He kept asking me was I OK. All I could mutter was yes & I fell back asleep.


H.O.P.E

HOLD ON PAIN ENDS


K8 =]


National Migraine Awareness Month is initiated by the National Headache Foundation. The Blogger's Challenge is initiated by www.FightingHeadacheDisorders.com.

2 comments:

pinkfloyd_fan44 said...

The first cluster is something most of us remember vividly. it also marks the first time we try to explain what it felt like, without success.

pinkfloyd_fan44 said...

The first cluster is something we all usually remember vividly. It also marks the first time we try to explain what it felt like, and couldn't seem to be able to find the words to do it justice.