Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Migraine Awareness Month #19: "The Match Game."

Describe your perfect doctor to treat your Migraines.

My perfect Doctor already exists. She is by far the best thing that has ever happened to me health wise. She is close to me, so I don't have to drive very far. Especially, when you're in pain, that's the LAST thing you want to do!! Here's my reasons why I LOVE her so much...

1. She listens to me. She always takes what I say & writes it down. There's never a DOUBT what I'm telling her is fictitious, or "crazy".

2. She let's me be my own advocate. I know my body better than anyone, so she knows there's certain things I won't do. But she's ok with that. She calls me her "walking medical dictionary" because I keep up to date with all my issues. I say the medication sometimes before she does!! Obviously, I'm not going to say no to something she may find beneficial. But in the end it's my decision.

3. She's compassionate. She always lets me air out frustrations, or just have a good cry. She's always there to calm me down & assure me it is indeed frustrating. I'm so young to have all this happen to me w/ in a 6yr span.

4. She's not afraid to try new things. Like acupuncture, water therapy, or a medication that may not be usually used for an illness. But she thinks it may help regardless. She is always thinking out of the box, & I like that!!

5. She NEVER gives up on me! She always pulls something out of her sleeve to try. Or refers me to a Neurologist to see if they can help. (Which 3 of the 3 washed their hands of me)

6. She's always there to answer any stupid questions. No matter how dumb I feel, or how outrageous it is, I know she won't think any less of me. Did I happen to mention I am a knowledge freak? If I don't know something about ANYTHING, I always look it up... Plus If I don't know or understand the answer she's right there for me.

★Hugs★ to all!!

K8 =]

Special shout out today, to my Mom! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUMBIE!! I love you! <3




National Migraine Awareness Month is initiated by the National Headache Foundation. The Blogger's Challenge is initiated by www.FightingHeadacheDisorders.com.

No comments: