Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Migraine Awareness Month #11: "Say What?!"

What's the most ridiculous thing ever said to you about Migraines, who said it, and under what circumstances?

(I'm going to go down a different route here & get out some frustrations that have been bothering me. So while all these things are ridiculous, I need to get some things off my chest & mostly out of my head)

I've had a plentiful array of not so nice thing's said to my face & behind my back. I can't choose just one so I've narrowed it down to 3 of the most hurtful.

1. "You don't look sick". Of course I don't! I still & will always look like me!! If you could only "see" how I feel on the inside, then I think you'll understand 100%.

2. "I've had a bad headache once." Really?! Once?! That must be WONDERFUL!! Take that 1 headache & multiply that times 100! THAT'S what a Cluster feels like. Oh! And imagine that happening up to 10 times a day, for 20 minutes minimum at a time! Can I have just that 1 "bad" headache & you can deal w/ mine?!

3. People not believing me. Yes, I know I sound like a broken record repeating this over & over. But, you need to understand how much this HURTS! I cry about this all the time & I'm crying writing this now. In all seriousness, WHY would I make this up?! Not just the Clusters, but all my ailments?! You don't know the daily physical & mental fight I put up just to survive for a SINGLE day. You don't see me 24/7 so you don't see me at my worst. No one does, but my Husband. Also my Mom has only seen the tip of the iceberg. So yes, when you do see me, I may feel "ok", I may act "ok", but that DOES NOT MEAN I'm OK!! I put on the "happy face" & hide my pain well. I am NEVER without pain. So who are you to judge me & say that I'm "making this up"?


Phew, that feels better. I'm sorry if all this sounds mean, but it needs to be said. I've been holding on to so many emotions lately & this is my way of helping my sanity. There's another thing I want you to remember, some people do things to themselves to make them feel horrible the next day. I on the other hand, can't control this. EVERY SINGLE DAY is my hangover...

Thank You for letting me vent. Believe me I needed it!
K8 =]




National Migraine Awareness Month is initiated by the National Headache Foundation. The Blogger's Challenge is initiated by www.FightingHeadacheDisorders.com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank You,i hope that helped you feel just a lil better,and i want you to know that i am trying to understand what you go thru each and everyday and sometime minutes,and know that i am here for you NO MATTER WHAT,xoxoxoxoxoxo

Kate "Katetastrophe" Chappell said...

Thank You, I honestly from the bottom of my heart appreciate that... And yes, it does feel better having it out & off my mind. Love you too!! =]