Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Migraine Awareness Month #17: "Father Knows Best."

Some understand Migraines, some don't. It's Father's Day. Write a letter to your father or the man closest to you, and talk to him about your Migraines.

Dear Dad,

All I want in life is to make you proud of me. I hope that I have turned out to be someone you are proud of. I know I never finished college, or had a decent career. I know am stricken with multiple disabling conditions, & feel like I failed everyone, even myself. I know things haven't turned out like I have planned, & that's what kills me. I never lived up to my expectations. So most likely, not yours either.

Through all of our recent health problems I know that you'll 100% be there for me, & I'll so the same. I know you understand my daily fight, my daily internal demons. So all I ask of you is to be proud of who I am now. Because you shaped me into this funny sarcastic, whitty, bubbly person.

I love you

Kate =]


National Migraine Awareness Month is initiated by the National Headache Foundation. The Blogger's Challenge is initiated by www.FightingHeadacheDisorders.com.

No comments: