Saturday, June 23, 2012

Migraine Awareness Month #23 "I Drank the Kool-Aid!"

We all try things out of desperation, even when our common sense is telling us they're not going to do anything. Share your experience with this.

I've been kind of waiting for this one... I don't think there isn't anything out there I haven't tried, & have miserably failed at!!

Medications: There has been over 80 prescriptions in these past 5 1/2 years. All either abortives, preventatives, pain killers, & steroids. Also not including physical therapy, a spinal tap, 2MRI's, a C.T Scan, 3 Occipital Nerve Blocks, multiple blood draws, & morphine injections when the pain wouldn't cease.

Diets: Gluten free. (Which stunk immensely because I LOVE my carbs!!!)
Migraine Diet. Which is no processed meats, no certain fruits, etc. (That didn't work either, duh!)

Holistic: Tried suggested herbs like Feverfew, & Kudzu. Herbal teas, Tea Tree Oil, Lavender... Nope, no help there!!!

I'm thinking that pretty much covers it all. There's probably more... Tee-hee!!!

*Hugs to all*
K8 =]


National Migraine Awareness Month is initiated by the National Headache Foundation. The Blogger's Challenge is initiated by www.FightingHeadacheDisorders.com.

No comments: