Monday, June 4, 2012

Migraine Awareness Month #4: "June Is Bustin' Out All Over!"

Whats the best tip you can offer others for having some summer fun despite Migraines? Be a hermit!! Don't leave the house!! Oh no, I'm just kidding...

My fellow Cluster Headache sufferers:

If you are anything like me where no medications can prevent the demon living in your head from going bat crap crazy, I have no help to give you. I'm a ticking time bomb, I never know when or where the monster will rear its ugly head!! 80+ meds & still no relief!! My only abortive
measure is my beloved oxygen. And that's only if I can catch the Cluster w/ in 2-3 mins!!!

Tension/ Exertion Headaches:

One simple rule here. DON'T OVER DO IT!! The heat is not your friend! It does not like you & will make you suffer immensely!! Another thing, if you feel nasty that hermit idea sounds pretty good huh?! Nice A/C will sooo soothe a throbbing tension headache! HA HA!!


I recommend having a few simple items with you in case you leave the comfort of your abode:

1. Medications / portable Oxygen
2. An ice pack in the cooler
3. Sunglasses
4. A pillow for your back, neck, or for elevating feet
5. Water DRINK PLENTY OF IT!!
6. A snack. Just in case you can't handle a heavy meal

Also there's one other simple rule to remember here, now pay attention because all of us can learn from this. Ready?! IT'S OK TO SAY NO!! If you don't feel well, there's absolutely no reason to put your body through it. Give yourself some slack! YOUR HEALTH is way more important!! (Believe me, I'm still struggling with this) But you know what? If you have understanding people around you, you won't be letting anyone down but yourself. You know, the guilt you implement on yourself for missing out, & feeling like a burden. Sound familiar?!

I hope this helped! Have a fantastic Monday!

K8 =]


National Migraine Awareness Month is initiated by the National Headache Foundation. The Blogger's Challenge is initiated by www.FightingHeadacheDisorders.com.

No comments: