Saturday, February 14, 2009

On a sad note..

We have all heard about flight 3407 that crashed outside of Buffalo, NY. Well it definitely comes to close for comfort for me. I live less than an hour from where it happened. My location is straddled by international airports; Rochester to the north, Syracuse to the east, and Buffalo to the west. In my past, I spent many a summer in a small college town south of Buffalo. The best part of the drive, besides seeing my Granmother, was seeing the planes land over the thru-way. Litterally as you are going 65 miles an hour, and if fate has its way, you can see a plane decend and land right over your head. The best part was at night when the runway lights are all lit up. All those times I never thought what if a plane misses the run way and hits the thru-way? I guess I've taken it all for granted. I can't tell you the countless number of times I've driven through that area. I can't tell you the countless times I hear planes overhead descending, slowing their engines, making their way to Rochester. It all seems unreal that this happened in our "back yard." I guess it just goes to show how fragile life is, wether your a known celebrity or not. They are all connected now, lives ended in the blink of an eye. No one to tell about the heroics of the piolet. No one to describe the life ultering experience, and be reunited with loved ones.

No comments: