Saturday, June 23, 2012

Migraine Awareness Month #24: "Dear Genie."

Put together a wish list for your life.

1. Be happy! No matter what happens in my life I want to remain as happy as can be. Stay positive, keep up the hope, Go With The Flow, "Be Here Now".

2. Be there for my family as much as I can. Try to make it to get togethers, crochet them things on time, & don't smother them with all my problems. Most of all I want to enjoy as much time w/ them as I can!

3. Try not to complain, or whine. I don't ever want to be one of those annoying people others can't stand. So venting is allowed, but no more "Why me" blah, blah, blah...

4. Don't be afraid to ask for help! I NEVER DO!!!

5. When people ask me how I am, I'm not going to say ok. I hardly ever tell people how I TRULY FEEL. I'm obviously not OK.

6. Maybe find some way to manage my pain better? I know after so long w/ out a treatment that works, there's little hope to find one. But I'm betting sometime, somehow, somewhere one will make its way to me.

7. Don't let the small things in life bother me. I get so wrapped up in insignificant crap. For lack of a better word... (I can't & won't say what I really want too.) If I need a down day to relax, or incapacitated w/ pain, it's OK. Life still goes on... There's always tomorrow! Another reason to be happy & enjoy my life.

8. Try my hardest to embrace my life. This is me, pain & all. Look in the mirror Kate and say out loud, "I have Chronic Headaches, I have Fibromyalgia, I'm disabled, CELEBRATE YOUR LIFE". Yes, this is literally written on my mirror. I can't face it yet. I am even having a hard time writing this. But, someday I'll be able to accept this life I've been handed.

9. Hobbies. I know this may sound dumb, but I want to do more of my hobbies. Reading, crocheting, blogging, writing, & being out doors. I live on a small lake w/ awesome neighbors & I need to take advantage of it more. Stop being a hermit!!! Also, I'd love to learn to sew, quilt, and explore more of the Knook. (Knitting & crocheting combined)

10. Last but not least, have a child...

*hugs* to all!
K8 =]

National Migraine Awareness Month is initiated by the National Headache Foundation. The Blogger's Challenge is initiated by www.FightingHeadacheDisorders.com.

No comments: